All Kern County buses are equipped with bike racks capable of accommodating three bikes. Riders are responsible for loading and unloading bicycles, and use the racks at their own risk. When the bus pulls up to your stop, tell the driver that you’re securing your bike in the rack. To secure your bike:
- To ensure your safety, load your bike only from the curbside of the bus.
- Squeeze and hold the release handle located on the top of the bike rack, then lower the rack until horizontal.
- Load your bike into one of the bike slots.
- Extend the wheel lock over the front tire.
- Before boarding the bus, remove all loose items from your bike.
Please ask the driver if you need instructions. When you get off, tell the driver you’re taking your bike off the rack.