Due to decreasing ridership caused by the COVID-19 pandemics, Kern Transit is making the following service changes:
Effective immediately, all local fixed routes in the Kern River Valley area have been suspended. In their place, we are offering curb-to-curb Dial-a-Ride service with additional buses as needed. Route 150 (Lake Isabella – Bakersfield) and Route 227 (Lake Isabella – Ridgecrest) will continue to operate on their regular schedule.
Beginning Monday, we are making the following changes to our Bakersfield-based routes:
- Route 100 (Bakersfield – Lancaster) – service will be reduced from 9 to 6 round trips Monday through Friday. Weekend service will not change.
- Route 110 (Bakersfield – Delano) – service will be reduced from 7 to 4 round trips Monday through Friday. Weekend service will not change.
- Route 115 (Bakersfield – Lost Hills) – service will be provided on a “request only” basis.
- Route 120 (Bakersfield – Taft) – service will be reduced from 7 to 4 round trips per day Monday through Friday. Saturday service will not change.
- Route 130 (Bakersfield – Frazier Park – Santa Clarita) – service will be reduced from 7 to 4 round trips per day. Saturday service will not change.
- Route 140 (Bakersfield – Arvin) – service will be reduced from 7 to 4 roundtrips per day Monday through Friday. Weekend service will not change.
- Route 145 (Bakersfield – Lamont) – all trips (Monday through Sunday) will be suspended. Passengers can use Route 140 as an alternate.
- Route 210 (Tejon Outlets – Lebec – Frazier Park – Pine Mountain Club) – all trips (Tuesdays and Saturdays) will be suspended. Instead, we will extend our Dial-a-Ride area on those days to include all stops on Route 210.
No changes are proposed at this time to our Mojave based routes, 230 (Mojave – Ridgecrest), 240 (Mojave – Boron) and 250 (California City – Lancaster).
Accommodations will be made for passengers who use Kern Transit to reach life-saving medical treatment, such as dialysis, and are adversely affected by these changes. Riders needing accommodations can call 1-800-323-2396 for assistance.
For the most up to date information, please visit our website at kerntransit.org, or follow us on Facebook and Twitter @KernTransit.