Due to decreasing ridership caused by the COVID-19 pandemics, Kern Transit is making the following service changes:
Effective immediately, all local fixed routes in the Kern River Valley area have been suspended. In their place, we are offering curb-to-curb Dial-a-Ride service with additional buses as needed. Route 150 (Lake Isabella – Bakersfield) and Route 227 (Lake Isabella – Ridgecrest) will continue to operate on their regular schedule.
Beginning Monday, we are making the following changes to our Bakersfield-based routes:
- Route 100 (Bakersfield – Lancaster) – service will be reduced from 9 to 6 round trips Monday through Friday. Weekend service will not change.
- Route 110 (Bakersfield – Delano) – service will be reduced from 7 to 4 round trips Monday through Friday. Weekend service will not change.
- Route 115 (Bakersfield – Lost Hills) – service will be provided on a “request only” basis.
- Route 120 (Bakersfield – Taft) – service will be reduced from 7 to 4 round trips per day Monday through Friday. Saturday service will not change.
- Route 130 (Bakersfield – Frazier Park – Santa Clarita) – service will be reduced from 7 to 4 round trips per day. Saturday service will not change.
- Route 140 (Bakersfield – Arvin) – service will be reduced from 7 to 4 roundtrips per day Monday through Friday. Weekend service will not change.
- Route 145 (Bakersfield – Lamont) – all trips (Monday through Sunday) will be suspended. Passengers can use Route 140 as an alternate.
- Route 210 (Tejon Outlets – Lebec – Frazier Park – Pine Mountain Club) – all trips (Tuesdays and Saturdays) will be suspended. Instead, we will extend our Dial-a-Ride area on those days to include all stops on Route 210.
No changes are proposed at this time to our Mojave based routes, 230 (Mojave – Ridgecrest), 240 (Mojave – Boron) and 250 (California City – Lancaster).
Accommodations will be made for passengers who use Kern Transit to reach life-saving medical treatment, such as dialysis, and are adversely affected by these changes. Riders needing accommodations can call 1-800-323-2396 for assistance.
We expect these changes to be in effect through at least April 12th. For the most up to date information, please visit our website at kerntransit.org, or follow us on Facebook and Twitter @KernTransit.