Skip to content
- Passenger Conduct / On-Board Policies
Passenger Conduct / On-Board Policies
In order to ensure a safe, comfortable experience for all Kern Transit drivers and passengers, please abide by the following code of conduct:
- Smoking, eating, and drinking are not allowed.
- Playing of audio equipment (without headset) is not permitted.
- Shirt and shoes are required.
- Refrain from unruly behavior and use of obscenities.
- Riders are responsible for all carry-on items.
- Service Animals are allowed on a leash.
- There are no restrooms on buses.
- Pets riding the bus must be confined to an animal carrier or kennel that can fit at the passenger’s feet, does not block the aisle, and does not take up a seat from a paying passenger. Limit two (2) pets per rider.
- Do not distract your driver. If you have a question, wait until the bus has come to a complete stop to ask a question. Interfering with the safe operation of a transit vehicle is dangerous to you and others.
- Fare must be paid in full. Our fareboxes cannot make change or return change. It is your responsibility to ensure you have exact fare.
- If a passenger is being disruptive toward the driver or other passengers, that passenger will be asked to exit the vehicle immediately. Public intoxication is prohibited. Patrons who are disruptive, intoxicated, or otherwise endangering the welfare of the operator or passengers, will be referred to Law Enforcement.
- Carrying any explosive, acid, flammable liquid, toxic, or hazardous material is prohibited.
- The harassment or abuse of Kern Transit representatives or patrons is prohibited.
- Personal Care Attendants (PCA) must board and disembark at the same stop as the patron they are attending.
- Care for your bus. Do not deface by marking, etching, scratching, painting, or anything of that nature, on any bus or Kern Transit facility.
- If a passenger misses the bus because he/she was not at the designated stop at the scheduled times, Kern Transit has no obligation to provide any service.
- Kern Transit does not and cannot guarantee service in the event of inclement weather, natural disasters, or civil unrest.
- If your bus is equipped with a seatbelt, your seatbelt must be worn for the duration of your trip.
- Be courteous. Seating area near the door is reserved for seniors and persons with disabilities. When needed/asked (preferably before being asked), move to a different seat.